Job Vacancy: Intervention Manager
The RisiAlbania Project is a project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by the consortium consisting of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation and Partners Albania (PA).
The overall goal of the project is to contribute to an increase in employment opportunities for young women and men (aged 15-29) in Albania. The goal will be achieved through (i) enhanced growth and job creation by the private sector in three selected subsectors (agro-processing, tourism and ICT) and (ii) improved access to job opportunities and interaction between private sector (labour demand) and young women and men (labour supply).
More information on the project can be found under: http://www.partnersalbania.org/?fq=brenda&m=shfaqart&aid=232&gj=gj2
The project will follow the “Making Markets work for the Poor” (M4P) framework focusing on addressing current market failures and achieving systemic change by developing supporting services and functions within the youth labour market. It adopts an integrated and participatory approach to market development by stimulating existing market players to take on a more proactive role in the market system.
More information on the systemic/M4P approach can be found under http://www.beamexchange.org/en/
Within this framework, the RisiAlbania project is looking to hire an expert under contract with Partners Albania for the position of:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- -Leading the implementation of the project’s intervention strategy for Agro processing sector development in accordance with the systemic/M4P approach
- -Managing, monitoring and evaluating the intervention progress, and to adjust activities accordingly, in order to achieve the desired impact.
- -Preparing the Yearly Plan of Operations (YPO) by scheduling/planning the interventions’ different tasks/milestones in accordance with expected results and allocated budget.
- -Coordinating the necessary research and analysis to complement the projects’ existing understanding on the underlying sector constraints and their root causes as well as to define appropriate project interventions for Agro processing development and increased competitiveness.
- -Developing innovative initiatives in partnership with multiple stakeholders that can lead to an effective implementation.
- -Identifying and contracting the experts/organizations, as needed for different outsourced services and managing the selection process in an appropriate manner.
- -Preparing ToRs for different services needed during the implementation of interventions.
- -Managing the administration and supervision of contracted parties’ performance, to ensure that all deliverables and results are satisfactorily provided, through continuous collaboration and intensive communication with contractors and co-facilitators.
- -Providing strategic guidance to potential partners/business service providers.
- -Establishing and maintaining an active network of stakeholders and partners.
- -Collaborating with project staff on thematic and methodological issues.
- -Participating in workshops on national, regional and local level.
- -Preparing the necessary progress reports on a routine basis and upon requests.
- -Reporting to Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager based on agreed planning, regulations and timeframes.
- -Contributing to reporting and providing information during internal and external reviews and auditing of the project.
- -Contributing to different project activities as they arise, also beyond the Agro processing sector.
- -Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business administration, economics, development, etc.). Master’s degree is preferred (e.g. in Management and/or the sector of agro processing).
- -Minimum of 5 years of experience in private sector development and in developing similar programs/projects.
- -Agro processing sector development experience, in terms of business growth; experience in the sector of employment, especially of young people, is an advantage.
- -Knowledge and experience in M4P methodology is an advantage.
- -Demonstrated experience working with and establishing relationship between Business Service Providers that offer services for the development of the sector is an advantage.
- -Strong research and analytical skills.
- -Demonstrated experience with working outside Tirana with various local actors in different regions of Albania.
- -Ability to write reports clearly and concisely.
- -Management and coordination skills for simultaneous interventions.
- -Creativity, strategic and innovative thinking skills.
- -Very good English and Albanian speaking and writing skills.
- -To work effectively as team member helping others and contributing with new ideas.
- -Ability to work independently and take initiatives.
- -Very good communication and presentation skills. Able to communicate information clearly and concisely both internally and externally to consultants/contractors.
- -Working in a professional and innovative environment.
- -Training and career development opportunities.
- -Attractive salary commensurate with experience.
- -Very good working conditions and team spirit.
All interested applicants are kindly asked to send their application composed of:Letter of motivation, CV and 3 contacts for recent job references, ideally by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9th of February 2015.
In case applicants prefer to submit their application in hard copy version, the address is:
“RISIAlbania”, Rr. Ismail Qemali, P.18, H.3, Ap.15, Tirana, Albania.
All applications will be treated with high confidentiality. Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview within 13th of February 2015.
The preferred starting date of the position is 9th of March 2015.